A Live Experiment

Last week I learned about an app called Meerkat which connects to your Twitter account and lets you stream live video to your followers. I immediately contacted my fellow Gazette staffers and told them that I would love to try out this new technology at Disneyland!

Sunday morning I got up early and tweeted out to those that follow the Gazette, informing them of my plans to do a live video stream at 10:00 a.m. Pacific time. I got ready and off to the Park I want. I was excited! This was something really new and neato keen and I mentally crossed my fingers hoping that all would go well.

As with any new technology there were a couple of glitches but all in all, it went well and those watching the live stream were enjoying it immensely. A few times, the video portion blanked out but they could still hear what was going on in the Park along with my commentary. As one of those video glitches was happening, I chucked to myself and commented that I now had a pretty good idea of how Walt felt on opening day when things went wrong with the live broadcast!

Meerkat lets you save your video to your phone so naturally I did because my intention was to share those videos here on my blog. Here's where things get strange - so strange that I may not be able to adequately explain the glitch that I discovered once I was home reviewing the videos.

The videos are shown backwards. No, not as in people walking backwards but the last images streamed now show up first. The audio plays back correctly so you will hear me commenting on something yet you won't see it until much later. Are you confused yet? Heck, it's taken me three days to figure out how I was going to explain this to you!

Taking this "weirdness" into account, I'm sure you Disneyland fans will still enjoy the videos.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest