Halloween Arrives at Disneyland Part One!

This is my FAVORITE time of year and I love it even more when Disneyland gets into the swing of things! On Thursday, September 25th, I spent a leisurely day at the park, just enjoying the decorations.



Before going under the train tracks, I paused to photograph this sign. Mind you, I know nothing about the movie other than it doesn't really appeal to me but I know there are many of you out there that ARE looking forward to this. If you are an Annuel Passholder you can catch a preview in Tomorrowland.


I met up with a couple of friends and we made our way to Innoventions. I've always enjoyed the view from up here because it reminds me of when I was able to ride the Skyway and enjoy viewing Disneyland from above.


I had not seen the Iron Man exhibit and on this day I was only able to get a glimpse of it as there were soooo many people waiting to check it out.


I suggested to my friends that they get in line to meet Thor and after a short wait, they got to meet
the superhero.
As you can see, they were quite glad they did!


Next, we decided to wander to Big Thunder but along the way, I snapped the Partners statue with all the golden orange flowers and pumpkins surrounding it.


In line for Big Thunder and we pose for a pic. A little history for you...Lisa and I met in 1998. Well, that's when we first met face to face. You see, Lisa was one of many ladies I met online on the official X-Files website message boards! Every night after the show, I and all the other ladies, would log on to the website and go directly to the Fox Mulder board where we would discuss the ins and outs of that night's episode. After about a year or two of doing this, I invited these ladies to my house for Mulderstock - a week of sightseeing and video watching. X-Files videos, of course! I think there were 15 people that came. Crazy, right? Of those 15, three shared my love of Disney and we became great friends. Back then my family was so concerned about the "crazy Internet people"
coming to my house, LOL.
To this day, I am still in contact with 80%
of those ladies!!!

Lisa has actually come out to visit four times and we ALWAYS end up at Disneyland! By the way, she LOVED the changes to Big Thunder.


This is Lisa with her honey, Jeff. What made this visit more special was the fact that this was Jeff's first visit to Disneyland EVER. I had a blast telling him all sorts of things about "my Park".


Oh ya, I gotta get in the pic, too.


Next stop, Haunted Mansion Holiday. Yay!


This was my first time riding since the layover and I was anxious to see what was new. I also decided to try taking some shots with my phone. No special camera app, just shoot and see what happens...


I really dig the gingerbread centerpiece this year.


I'm actually surprised at the cool shots I got.



After a long day, we relaxed with a couple of drinks at Trader Sam's. Nice way to end the day.


Oh no, we're not done! Come back soon for part 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upside down Christmas Trees?

MLB Food Fest